Tuesday 2 September 2008

PUZZLE

TRADED
The challenge theme on This Thursday is "puzzle". I've always thought that this little girl from Paper Whimsy looks completely baffled, poor little scrap. Her eyes just sort of say "I don't get it".

The background was done with Distress Inks, overlaid with a woven effect stamp by Hero Arts. I've had these tiny puzzle pieces for ages, and painted them black, adding a scrap of ribbon which was just the right colour.

Maths was a mystery to me too - although I could always do SUMS if you see the difference, and spent much of my working life doing accounts! It was more esoteric maths that stumped me!!

The lock and key are obvious symbols, and the key itself is made from Delight Clay using a mould from The Stamp Bug, then painted with metallic acrylics. The padlock is one of my dollar store finds.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love her expression ... mine is like that most of the time *LOL*

Great work Rosie!

Linda Vincent said...

Oh bless her! What a lovely ATC Rosie, full of little treasures...
Linda xxx

Anonymous said...

Great piece, love that background stamp and the puzzle pieces really stand out.

xxxxx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh, she is lovely. xxxx

Barbara Hagerty said...

This is terrific, Rosie!! I love that you made the key from scratch! And I love the beautiful child image, too!!

Jaqi said...

Bless, what a beautiful little face, great atc, Jaqi x