Friday, 22 August 2008
I think I'm less sure about this one - it almost works but not quite. Maybe it's the reddish tones in her hair conflicting with the pink. Oh well
I used some ecru lace I've had for donkeys' years - I KNEW it would come in for something eventually! The wings are of course German scrap, and the buttons from my increasing collection. The background is a scrap of Cosmo Cricket paper - I love using up my little bits and pieces like this, it makes me feel all virtuous and thrifty ...
The tiny pearls were left over from the days when I used to make miniatures - you put them on individually with a dampened cocktail stick. Yes it's very fiddly.
I like this enough to try this colour scheme again, but perhaps trying to avoid the redder tones next time.