Sunday, 31 August 2008
FINAL VERSION OF BIRDHOUSE
Well I finally got the birdhouse worked out! Unfortunately it's a rather dark day for taking pictures and the result is rather more "golden" than it looks here, but you get the idea ...
The roof and sides are covered in various scrapbook papers, and the eaves are done with Distress Crackle Paint in Antique Linen, slightly rubbed with chalk inks. I found the rub-on word sing among my stash and just had to use it.
The eggs are from a Paper Whimsy collage sheet, and the large letters and tape measure are Tim Holtz Distressibles. I made the nest with twigs from the garden, binding them together with cotton thread - the resulting assemblage is actually fastened to the box with a small tack, and I painted the head to match.
I hand made the bird and mounted it on blocks to give a really 3D effect. I've got plans to make a nest and bird for the inside later, but haven't quite figured out how to do it, so it's empty for now. I'm SO pleased with how this turned out - not pretty like before, but I do love it, and to my pleasure and amazement so does my husband!!