Monday 25 August 2008

BIRDHOUSE


Woo hoo, look what I found for £1 at the car boot sale! Now I know my transatlantic visitors won't get all excited about a birdhouse because you can buy them everywhere over there. Here it's not so easy, and the ones that do exist are often fairly roughly made ones intended for the garden.

That's not what I want it for however - I've wanted to do an altered project based around a birdhouse for a while, so I was thrilled to find this. It's a very nice wood too, and don't you just LOVE the little door in the side, so I can do the interior as well!

If anyone can point me in the direction of inspirational birdhouse art I'd be very pleased as I'm not just sure quite where to start yet. Also, can you buy artificial bird's nests anywhere, or do I need to learn to make one sharpish?? How hard can it be - birds do it??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOO!! You lucky lady I love the bird house it beautiful ,and Im sure it will be more beautiful when you have finished with it .
Try etsy for some inspiration or google image altered art bird box .
Love from sesga xx

Ruth said...

wow what a fantastic bargain can't wait to see what you do with it