Saturday 1 November 2008

JUST LOVING THAT PINK













This is the box file I altered for the Big Art Adventure - its an old foolscap file which was very tatty. I didn't bother with any preparation I just set to and painted it with acrylic, and then added a sealant coat of matte Mod Podge. Because the box is quite big, particularly lengthways, I couldn't get my scrapbook paper to go out to the edges without piecing, but I think the panels work pretty well. The paper is a sparkly one from the K & Co Smitten range.

I painted the grungeboard hinges, key and file tab with black metallic acrylic, and added a keyhole from my stash. You have to admit that the result is a thing of beauty and a joy forever even if I say so myself!! I've got another one somewhere which may well get similar treatment.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

yep the paper panels look great--brill idea

Sharon said...

Guess what ...... Love your pink folder Rosie...
Sharon xx

Viola said...

Lovely piece! Great color!

Anonymous said...

Wow, working backwords with these comments and you've been so inspired lately - not that you aren't always BUT what a variety of projects and techniques and all so beautiful.

xxxxxxxx