Wednesday 9 May 2012

JUST DREAMING ....

Recently I've been challenging myself to keep trying new stuff - which includes techniques and materials I may shy away from.  Well, I hardly ever do double pages, so that was a start, and I didn't used to think that pink and orange went together, but have discovered with the help of Kate Crane that they really DO!  So then I went for a painted background (revolutionary for me) with stencilled bits and paint splodged quite randomly - all very out of character I do assure you!!  Am a bit of a neat freak usually ... I can't help it, I know its wrong.
Then I got out my new Inkadinkado cogs stamp, which I hadn't played with yet.  I love the symbolism of cogs and would like more - its to do with how all things are connected so that you touch one thing and something much further down the line is moved and changed.  I know what I mean, but its that time of night when my brain has given up for the day ....

I've been conscious for a while that there have been a few of my childhood dreams still hanging about in the back of my brain, not to mention some of my crazier adult ones.  It seemed to me that there had to come a time when you said to yourself - that's never going to happen, but its really OK.  So thats what this page is about - if you will the deliberate setting aside of old unrealistic dreams (I couldn't climb up Macchu Piccu anyway!).  At the same time I also wanted to celebrate that you can make new dreams any time you like, and perhaps when you're older you actually have a better chance of achieving them ... all that experience has to be useful for something doesn't it?
And of course I wouldn't be me without adding a considerable amount of doodling - and I'm still loving my white and black pens for this.  The white pen doesn't actually work as well over paint as it does over the Caran d'ache crayons ...

I'm also delighted to report that I began work on making some of these things happen - my blog has sprouted new pages and the archive of past work I wanted to include.  Someone has also kindly offered to help me with the design, so that part of my dream is coming to fruition.  As ever, thank you for coming by and I LOVE hearing from you :D

11 comments:

ida nike tintin said...

I would just like to say that you are so amazing and creative. You inspire me so much!

Linda Pekrul said...

Beautiful pages. I never thought about cogs like that before. Love it. You've also got me thinking about new dreams! Thanks for sharing Rosie!

Traceyr said...

I really love orange and pink together and your double journal pages are fab. Do more! :)

Ali said...

Gorgeous pages... and your painty background is fabulous!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two wonderful pages, love the color scheme and your writing looks great.

roc said...

how exciting that you are manifesting your desires rosie! i have always felt the universe creates for us. love your orange and pink pages! good for you to get out of your box with that. we all need to be reminded to do that once in a while.

thekathrynwheel said...

OOOh, it's lovely. I do so like pink and orange together ;-) A fabulous page Rosie. You might feel like you are out of your comfort zone but it doesn't look like it from here. Being messy suits you!

Pat Beaumont said...

Love the way your art is built up

alexa said...

I love your take on cogs; a little shift right here equals a big one much further down the line. :) And you are so right about orange and pink! Lovely to read how new things are growing for you.

Artyjen said...

There has to come a time when it might not happen for sure! But then again the crazy in me says that WTH! Perhaps that time is still to come ;)
xoxo Sioux

Linda Vincent said...

You are so inspiring Rosie....and you're absolutely right about making new (adjusted) dreams at any time.
XX