Sunday 20 May 2012

DANCING ....


Sorry for the long delay between posts - life with ailing mother in law is very difficult at the moment, and there's not much time for arty pursuits.  We're not able to leave her for long, and she needs help with absolutely everything, so we're having to have those awful conversations about care homes at the moment - any prayers you can spare are MUCH appreciated.

Anyway, back to the page.  I cut this picture of sparkly ruby slippers out of a magazine a while back, and just knew that one day I'd find a use for it!  I'd made this background using my Caran d'ache crayons and riffling through my picture file I found the sparkly shoes, and that set off a train of thought which resulted in this page.Serendipity, the best kind of inspiration?
When I started the background I was still trying to challenge myself to try things I don't usually - so these colours aren't at all typical for me, and I tried to avoid my usual horizontal "layers" of colour too, although I'm not crazy about how it turned out.  Still, you have to focus on the finished page, even if you hate it at this stage.  I don't always like the pages that result from trying to work outside my comfort zone, and this one was kind of surprising to me because I'm not sure where it came from, though it has grown on me ...
The printed writing is more magazine cut-outs (mainly a vodka advert I think) and I really enjoy working out what I can say with the words I've got!  Another challenge.  Not quite sure where the last wry comment about falling on your bum came from - I think perhaps I was feeling like that I'd done that an awful lot lately ....? 
As ever I finished off with an assortment of doodling, much of it with my trusty white pen.  Looking at the page again I certainly wish I did have a pair of magic slippers to walk safely through the current minefield!! If you know where I can get some tell me QUICK, or better still come round wearing them!!
Love
Rosie





6 comments:

Carol Q said...

lol - like how you brought it all down to earth with a BUMp(!) Rosie. fab pages

Linda Vincent said...

A page full of life and sparkle (and fun)!!!
I like it...a lot :-)

roc said...

sorry to hear about your tough decisions you may have to make. it is never easy. prayers coming your way.

Alix said...

i can always spare a prayer or two for you guys xxxxx

alexa said...

I love your ruby shoes - and am a great fan of dancing through and around difficulties too! Sending warm thoughts your way; with ill parents whom we are caring for here too, I can sense something of the trying times you are going through.

Anonymous said...

Just love this----short and to the point.
Reminds me of our grand-daughters, too!