Monday 2 June 2008

HEART MEMORY

NOW TRADED
I do seem to be in full-blown vintage mode at the moment!! Perhaps it's a reaction to all the cobalt blue in the Crete holiday photos I'm scrapping at the moment? This is my entry for this week's Theme Thursday challenge.

This photograph is one of my all-time favourites - it's particularly crisp and clear for the 1920s and I just love her outfit, particularly her bouquet. The only thing is that she doesn't look very happy does she? The story unfolding in my imagination was to do with a much older lady looking back at the treasured picture of herself as a bride ... the keyplate represents the secrets she chooses to keep.

The background is a mottled brown paper, with the addition of a swirl and crown stamp. I used a scrap of real lace and aged the brass keyplate with a chalk ink.

5 comments:

Chriss Rollins said...

it really is a beauty rosie.
will have to wait till i have caught up with my other swaps to you befor trading :((
chriss x

Sandy said...

Wow this is brilliant. Really beautiful. Love it.

Anonymous said...

I love your stories that go with the pieces. This is beautiful.

xxxxxxxxxx

Jaqi said...

Oh I love this Rosey, doesnt she look sad, Ah, I wonder if the man she was about to marry wasnt her true love? Or maybe she was just very shy and nervous. Whatever the reason its lovely, Jaqi

Linda Vincent said...

Gorgeous photo...which you have used to perfection.
Love it.
Linda xx