Friday 18 May 2018

FAVOURITE TIMES ...

 
This page started with me painting the page pink (because its my favourite colour) and then (having no better ideas) I went and rummaged in my collection of cut-out words.  When I found the words "favourite" and "times" I knew where I was going!    It seemed like a good time to count my blessings really - well, when isn't?
And this picture below shows you how I work - having got down the words I wanted and adding some grey shadows, I was pulling out pink scraps of collage, such as flowers etc ... you can see further down which ones made it onto the page.  I have stuff all over the desk when I'm trying things out!
So here is the finished result - I'm sure there are many more blessings I could have recorded, but these were the ones which came readily to mind.
There were lots of empty spaces, but I think the white lines really add something to the background.  Part of the inspiration here was that I'd just received a beautiful bunch of roses from my man, and always feel amazement that after 40+ years together he still brings them!  I'd also just finished a really great book (Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine) which I'd loved.

It makes you realise that its not the great big things that mean the most, but a whole host of little things that light up your everyday life.

Tomorrow my aching legs will be parked in front of the TV as I watch the Royal Wedding coverage.  I'm not much of a royalist, but I do LOVE a good wedding!
Rosie x

1 comment:

jenclair said...

I've enjoyed looking at some of your journal pages and appreciate the way you provide a step by step. Thanks for an inspiring visit! :)