Sunday 16 August 2009

MAKING A JOURNAL


This is the latest page from a journal project I'm working on - and hope to share with you one day when it's ready. I'm writing out an A4 "thinking prompt" for each page (this is page 5), and it is all about exploring your art and what it means to you.

This particular page deals with what I really like, what presses my buttons, so of course there's a lot of brown vintage in there. The crackle background is something I really love, and of course there's tickets, butterflies, gold wings, old photos, gold shades .... you can write your own list I'm sure!!

It would be good to know how many of you might be interested in taking part (if I ever get the journal finished!). It might spur me on ...

A number of you have asked what the book I'm writing is about? Well, it's set in a flu pandemic, and the main character sees an angel ...

4 comments:

pammyjo said...

This page is so me too. We really like the same things. What is the crackle background? Paint? I adore old photos and have stacks of them. I scan them for my art. Then what? Giggle, I put them in albums I guess I should start using them instead of scanning. But ... I might want them again. I'd love to know all their stories.

Lynn said...

Wow you are writing a book? Good for you Rosie:)
This type of journaling seems like fun too, love your choices, I like a lot of the same things :)

Linda Vincent said...

Its very 'you' Rosie...lovely.
X

Unknown said...

How cool! I love the idea of a journal like this .... one you can always go back to as a reminder to yourself of what is your passion