Friday 7 August 2009

ANOTHER ATC

I'm not getting as much time as I would like for making art at the moment, but I did manage to find time to return to one of my favourite icons in the form of this Frida ATC.

I was trying to get back into the zone of putting real symbolism into ATCs so there's a lot of layers in this. I used a scrap of really interesting paper for the background and added the green spiky bit. I was thinking about it as a dagger point to symbolise the dreadful car accident she had in her youth. When I stamped the roughly stitched band along the bottom I was thinking about the many operations she endured, and the prison her body became - hence the padlock. But perhaps her art wouldn't have flowered as it did without those experiences, so I gave her a crown because she was a princess! It is available to swap ....

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can make money by locking premium pages of your blog or website?
All you need to do is open an account with Mgcash and embed their content locking plugin.