Friday 11 July 2008

CORSETS


Back in vintage mode with this one - I've always been fascinated by corsets (although I thank God I don't have to wear one)! There's something rather beautiful and sculptural about them don't you think? I wasn't working to a challenge or theme, just messing about entirely to please myself which is my favourite activity, especially when as now I feel a bit moth-eaten and tired.

I began with a page of newspaper advertisements, firstly the corset, and the rest sort of followed. The background paper made me think of faded parlour wallpaper, and the button is a genuine pewter antique. I didn't make up a story exactly, but I was sort of thinking about a door to door corset salesman with a long overcoat and a brown battered leather suitcase .....

4 comments:

Heather Robinson said...

I'm with you on the fascination with corsets. I just can't imagine how uncomfortable they must have been. All for the sake of a pinched in waste! I guess Spanx just aren't the same! Great piece and wonderful commentary!

Linda Vincent said...

Oooh you've got a vivid imagination. I can just see that corset salesman.......
Lovely vintage ATC.
Linda xxxxx

stampandscrap@mail.com said...

Beautiful vintage atc. Love all the peices you have put together., Works so well

Denise said...

Oh Rosie your cards and stories are just fabulous! Wouldn't mind the waist size but not the corset!
Hugs
Denise
oxoxox