Tuesday 26 February 2019

CHANGE IS COMING ...

 
These photos show just how different images can look in daylight and artificial light.  When I started work on this page it was in natural light on a slightly cloudy day ... when the yellow as you can see below looks more primrose than anything else!

The real colour is much nearer to the main picture, and I began by adding pieces of collage in shades of grey.  This is one of my favourite parts - just sitting with a drawer full of paper scraps feeling my way towards something which will make sense.
And below you can see the collage process complete, finished off with black outlines and grey shadows.  The figure is my own drawing to represent me ... inevitably somewhat thinner and younger looking than the reality, but reflecting how I feel inside!!
With the journalling part complete I added the doodling and drawing, and took the final picture in electric light, which makes the yellow look much more vivid.
We had thought we were settled and looking ahead to a peaceful retirement, but it seems we were wrong ... and we've been invited to consider an alternative future.  It was a shock at first, but gradually I've become convinced that this is a calling from God, and the right thing for us to do.

Being a normal human being as well as a woman of faith, its in the wee small hours that the doubts creep in, and I wonder if I've completely lost the plot ... Once again we're preparing to put ourselves out there on a new road, not entirely sure where it leads, but believing (most of the time) that it is meant to be.
Rosie

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Fabulous art as always Rosie. How exciting that a new road is beckoning. I wish you much fun, joy and happiness travelling the new path. I have been following your artyness for a few years now so I am just as excited to hear about your new adventures too. Be well X

alexa said...

Oh my goodness, and I am both excited and intrigued for you! Your lady's face is lighter, brighter and more youthful than previous ones in your artwork, I am sure :). Sending warmest good wishes and hoping for wonderful things for you xx.

Cath Wilson said...

Now that's exciting. Alexa's right - your excitement shows in your art. I'm so grateful you have God's assurance and peace - there's nothing better in this world, that's for sure! Praying for courage.
Cath x