Sunday 22 April 2018

KEEP ON KEEPING ON ....


This is a page about just keeping going when life isn't exciting or much is happening, but you just keep on ... always hoping for that day of sunshine, those moments of insight, which in the end are the things that keep you going.

Haven't used my Neocolour II crayons by Caran d'Ache for a while, so dug them out for this.  When you scribble onto a gessoed page you get the look below, kind of like wax crayons ... its what happens when you touch them with a damp paintbrush which is magic.
And below you can see how they explode into life - I left one band of colour dry just to show you the difference!
Then it was out with my bits of collage, making a kind of border around the page, which I then outlined with a white Posca pen.  I love the intensity of the colours and shapes here.
Then my statement of intent - which is just to keep on going, to keep believing in what lies ahead.  That's me down at the bottom, doing my damndest to remain optimistic and half full instead of half empty.  I've added a grey shadow and some strong black lines, which always make such a difference, and you might also notice that I've doodled on some of the collage elements.  I like to do that to make them my originals instead of someone else's work or design.
 And having said what I wanted to say I just doodled away until it looked finished, which it does.
Struggled not to be disappointed that, although 2,000 people came by in the last month, almost nobody stopped to comment.  It  made me wonder why I was doing this.  Childish of me perhaps, but I do love to connect with you out there ... just to know I'm not talking to myself.  But then again, its about keeping on keeping on, even when it feels like you might be wasting your time.
Rosie  

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try and comment when I can but I have to say I particularly like this one. I do like your ones with the waves and especially the doodling - thank you

jinxxxygirl said...

I have to ask Rosie do you visit other people's blogs and comment? I have commented here before but i don't think you've ever been to mine or commented... just sayin'... I often stop by your blog when you post but do not comment.. deb

Dawn said...

I do always try to comment, but like you, sometimes the fibromyalgia is too much and it's all I can to keep up with reading all my saved blogs on Feedly! Loving this page and as usual, gentle hugs xx

Denise said...

I love your blog and never miss a post (Feedly rules!)—I think I admire most how you simply and always express your truth. I need to do more of that. I rarely comment on any blog, and I think most people no longer comment on blogs, because the technolog of blogs encourage reading, I think, But conversing is more cumbersome. I like Instagram for conversing. It’s much easier to comment back and forth. So you could quickly post a pic from a blog post and tell peeps to read the blog post about it—and ask a question to get the conversation started. A thought. But thanks for your wonderful blog—I do love it!

Debbie said...

I eagerly await your posts, which I receive via email. When you mentioned that few people commented, it suddenly hit me that I don't comment because I'm never actually on your blog. Then I went poking around and way down at the bottom of the email, just above is a line that reads You are subscribed to email updates from Rosie's Arty Stuff. I've seen that link before but assumed it was a link to your email. Today though, I clicked it--and here I am! From here on out, I know what to do to send you a little message.

Thanks for all of the art. The photo step-outs are fun to see and I always love that the end product is profoundly beautiful.

A visitor said...

I just got home and saw you page in my email. It was exactly what I needed today. It lifted my spirits and put a smile on my face. Thank you.

No one ever comments on my blog either. Don't feel too badly about that.

Dawn said...

Your quote has been my 'mantra' for a long time now. That's how it feels sometimes, that you're head down and slog on and that's life really!xx

Rosie said...

Thank you folks - I had already concluded that I wasn't blogging for comments or admiration, but just putting stuff out there in hope, that has to be enough of a reason for doing it without feedback. However its LOVELY when I do hear from people, and it gives me encouragement to keep going when often I don't feel like it.

And no, I have to be honest and admit that I don't visit or comment on other blogs, beyond 2 or 3 occasionally. I used to but just can't keep up, mainly because I have to rest a lot and limit my screen time.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog, Rosie. I guess most people don't have time to comment and that is partly because there is so much to read and to look at on the internet. I've not looked at everything, but over time I will. Thank you again for the link. Didn't realise you are a part-time vicar. :) Graz

alexa said...

Am sad to hear that so many people popped in but didn't let you know ... I am very late arriving (plenty of issues of my own, alas!) and this is the first time I've opened my Feedly reader in four or more months - but came here first :). There's such a lot of detailed loveliness in your doodling that it's a delighted just to sit and look. Please do keep keeping on, and I'll keep loving it too. xx