Tuesday 19 December 2017

ART & SOUL

I'm not getting very many opportunities to journal right now - its a busy season - but eventually managed to fit some in by giving it priority.  Its become something I can't NOT do, necessary to my well-being, because something in me shrinks if I don't.

Having carved out the space and time I sat down and painted my favourite colour combination on the page, not knowing where it would go.
And then I put Frida Kahlo down because she's such a role model for me, and suddenly the words I wanted just came ... pretty much from nowhere.  Or maybe not.  Sometimes I feel empty of anything to give, but in the end there is always this one thing.

As you can see I do very simple lettering, and then later go back and embellish it.
These bands also "just turned up" but after this I left it for a day because I got to a point where I wasn't feeling it and inspiration had gone AWOL, probably just because I was tired.
Then, as you can see below, the next day my enthusiasm and energy were renewed and I basically went mad with the dots and doodles!  I love that part.
I do hope Christmas is a happy time for you and yours and that you will come into a new year rested and renewed.  Thank you for being with me on the journey.
Rosie

4 comments:

Marylaure said...

comme d'habitude j'adore ta page ! et surtout je tiens à te souhaiter de bonnes fêtes de fin d'année et de toujours garder cette énergie que j'admire tant !
Sincèrement
Marylaure

Monica said...

I do enjoy your posts Thank you

catherine said...

This is a fabulous page-so glad I found your blog !!
catherine

alexa said...

That orange and hot pink, along with the splendid shower of white doodling, has really lifted my spirits :). A great motto to remember ...