Saturday 22 March 2014

LIFE - YOU KNOW IT AIN'T EASY ....

 
I must have been in multi colour mode when I did this page - probably because I was determined to use the wacky figure top left I found on a Ceremony collage sheet!

It started like this, with a painted background, and then I drew these ribbons with a Posca paint pen.  I've included a picture of this pen because I can genuinely recommend them - and nobody is paying me to say this, but I don't mind if they want to!  As you can see you get a really good opacity even over the acrylic background.
Then in went the little man (sporting new eyes) and those blue lines just invited me to write in between them.  I didn't know this is what I was going to write, and appear to have been just getting stuff off my chest as per usual!  I've tried to show here how the lettering is built up from the basic - see the previous post for a tutorial on this.  The white lines and the red dots are also Posca paint pens, and again their opacity is really easy to see.  The little heart is from another collage sheet.
Here I'd just added yet more ribbony lines and even more red dots ...
And then I went a bit wild on the doodling front ... I actually think I prefer the picture above to the finished version, but there you go.  I am occasionally guilty of overdoing it on the decorating front!!.
I really ENJOYED making this page, especially doing the red paint dots.  Funny what will prove satisfying to the creative mind ...

3 comments:

Debs M said...

great page and colours - loving the little man x

alexa said...

Oh my goodness, this is my most favourite page of yours yet, Rosie. Every inch has something of interest ... The whole thing just vibrates with an energy that belies your sentence! Your artistry is wonderful. And inspiring :). When I grow up, I want to be able to make pages like you do ...

Anne-Marie said...

Great page Rosie, I think I must be doing it right too!