Friday 11 January 2013

GRUMPY ...


Do you ever get into one of those moods where you are just thoroughly out of sorts with yourself, and kind of itchy scratchy cranky?  What our parents used to call "got out of bed the wrong side"?  I hope you do and that it isn't just me!  Anyway, it was one of those days, so when I found this picture in a magazine it really spoke to the way I was feeling ... and before you know it a journal page was the result.

I really didn't know what I was planning to do, I just stuck the picture down and then rubbed crayon (Caran d'Ache) all over the page.
And it really came alive when I brushed water onto the crayon and the colour lifted off the page.  Then, without knowing what I was going to put, I picked up a pen and wrote this!  I made myself laugh just looking at it, so was already talking myself out of my grumps.
And it just went from there.  My beloved had been in and out of my Studio - he could tell all wasn't well with me, but I didn't want to have to explain, I just wanted to get my head down and get on with it.  In a way the page is my explanation.
So I took the opportunity to get some stuff off my chest, and most definitely felt the better for it.  Some days thats what you need, right?  Plus it was an opportunity to laugh at myself for being cranky!
This page still makes me laugh when I look at it, so I can't stay grumpy for long when I read it.  Perhaps everyone should have a page in their journal which can do this - just to talk themselves out of the glums ....?

6 comments:

Helen said...

Great journalling, and how right you are!!

Deborah said...

LOL this page is brilliant, Rosie. I know just what you mean :-)

Carmen said...

I just spotted this on Pinterest and it made me smile and chuckle. So you not only cheered yourself up but me too. As someone who deals with varying degrees of pain I getcha ;-)

roc said...

yes...we probably all have some days here and there that we don't quite feel ourselves. luckily those moments never last!

Anonymous said...

I am loving this page!!!

House of Bears said...

This page is fab, just what journalling was made for. We love journalling our feelings and find it really therapeutic. Looking back on the pages at a later date gives you a giggle too.