Friday 1 October 2010

GOING SOMEWHERE

This is one of my latest journal pages, reflecting the feeling that I'm clearly meant to go somewhere but I'm just not sure where! The background is a sheet of scrapbook paper which has writing on, but it worked really well for drawing over, and I painted the edges too. The colouring has been done with a mixture of markers and soluble crayons ... anything to hand really!

This page began with the signpost and just grew from there - on this occasion I didn't remember to take pictures of each stage in its development. As you can see, I've been true to the promise I made myself that I would do more drawing, and I'm loving it!

5 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Cor Rosie, I'm loving this and the candid way you can just record what you're illustrating. Your illustrating by the way, is fab. As is your writing, am so happy that you've found journals!

Ohhh Snap said...

Great journal page! Sort of thing you can look at over and over and find something new, but also get the idea of it straight away. I'm a WOYWW straggler, and glad of it so I could see this. TFS!

nerllybird said...

I love this page - the drawing is fab as is the whole design. Helen (16)

Luna Art said...

Another fab page Rosie! Your drawing is amazing x

Linda Vincent said...

Rosie..this is great stuff, and your self-portrait is amazing! Keep looking for that sign....
xx