Sunday 28 March 2010

INSPIRATION AT THE NEC


My dearly beloved took me to the hobbycrafts show at the NEC last Thursday - yes I know, isn't he a hero, and all because I can't drive any more. He even lasted from 10.30 to 2.0pm before he admitted to losing the will to live ...

Anyway, one of the many interesting things we saw was a demonstration of triple embossing and stamping into the result. Those of you who are old hands at such things might not be impressed, but I'd actually never tried it before, so was fascinated. Not only did I get a clear 20 minutes instruction/demo on the subject, but I also clocked some yummy little altered notebooks on the same stand. When I got home I set to work not only practising doing the embossed butterfly (you can't really tell but its all metallic gold/copper etc) but nicking the ideas for the notebooks too!

This was entirely made out of bits and pieces from my scrap boxes - even down to the odd short length of BIA wire - so how's that for recycling!! Even the cartridge paper inside was recycled from an old sketch pad and several of the ribbons are ones I've taken off packaging. Thought I might make some more of these as gifts for special friends ....

6 comments:

Julie Wilson said...

I think this is beautiful and will definately have a go at the triple embossing. Great work:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Rosie ... and bless your hubby ... John would have lasted ... oooh ... about 6 seconds ... actually that is a big fat fib ... he would n't have taken me in the first place :0)

Crissi Harvey said...

It's Gorgeous Rosie

Linda Vincent said...

This is wonderful Rosie...very special. You can show me the technique when I come to see you :-)

And what a treasure your DH is.....he takes you to craft shows AND makes great curries!!
xx

Sally said...

That is gorgeous - thanks for sharing!

Rena Sawatski said...

Rosie, love the little notebook. What a great way to use up scraps of cardstock/papers, and the eyelets as a decoration are a nice touch.

Sure miss the Great Adventure challenge site but glad to see you are still making art.

What a wonderful thing for your DH to do, if he is like mine he was probably a bit bored with it after a while LOL