Friday 18 September 2009

BACK IN VINTAGE MODE ...

I made this for an ATC swap - hope my partner likes it! I've used a scrap of very slightly patterned paper for the background, over which I've stamped an image of a document in brown. I'm quite pleased with the effect that's given. The photograph is from my stash, but reminds me of my grandfather - who I never knew because he died the year I was born. The clock is another stamp, the key is a rub-on, and the words from a Tim Holtz distressibles sheet. I added the treble clef because I was thinking about history, and generations past, and the words "a dance to the music of time" came into my head, but as usual I can't remember where it's from.

I have no idea why I love working in brown vintage style like this - I just do. I've been writing all day and this was my way of relaxing ...

No comments: