Monday 16 March 2009

SHOW ME YOUR HEART


Back in my comfort zone (after a very busy week) making ATCs in brown/golden shades! I made it for Sunday Stampers challenge, which this week is on the theme of "girls".

I absolutely LOVE pre-raphaelite art - I can't explain it, but these images send shivers down my spine, so they are always a pleasure to use. The background is a scrap of golden card which I've inked to antique, then overstamped with ... yes you've guessed it, those Kelly Panacci stamps again! Boy have I had my money's worth from those. I also added a strip of paper lace, plus some brass charms and the butterfly.

I was thinking about the inner self (or heart if you like) which we rarely show except to those we love and trust the most, and how this beautiful and secret self is like a rare butterfly that we should treasure .... yes I know, deep thoughts for a Monday morning!!

3 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Beautiful ATC hun, thanks for joining in with the challenge ... HEls x

Rachel said...

Really beautiful art. Love it!

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful Rosie, and I love how you explained what it means, great work :)