Saturday 21 March 2009

MY BIRDHOUSE!

NOW TRADED
This is what I made for this week's "Birdhouse" challenge over on Awfully Big Art Adventure. Linda and I work so well together because although we have lots in common artistically, when it comes to style we're quite different. I can't seem to help being neat and tidy and she just loves to get messy and paste lots of layers! Who cares why it works, it just does and we're a great team!

One of the things we share is our favourite colour combination of blue and green. The background here is done with Distress Inks - I splodge about in most uncharacteristic fashion (and believe me it doesn't come naturally) and make a whole page which I can cut up for ATCs!

Then I raided my scraps box for this lovely polka dot paper (I just love spots!) and deep emerald cardstock. I added a bit of grass with a Tanda stamp along the bottom and watercoloured the hill.

Well a birdhouse needs birds doesn't it - so I cut these little red chaps out of scraps of card, and drew on the detail and their legs. I added the word just in case the little fellers needed help to find their way! This is sort of my homage to the American Primitive style, which is one of my all-time favourites. I'd find it hard to part with but could be persuaded to trade if you insist .....

2 comments:

Linda Vincent said...

I love your red birds - they are so cute!
Super ATC too....
X

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet house and your birds are wonderful too. I must get busy on my birdhouse! Where does the time go!