Tuesday 27 January 2009

I LIKE LACE

NOW TRADED
This week's challenge on Wednesday Stamper was to use lace, which is right up my street! I love using it with vintage effects so had no motivation problems with this one! Pleased to report that I think my enthusiasm has come back after a short dip ....

I used Basic Grey paper for the background, and stamped over it with my trusty set of stamps from Kelly Panacci. I don't think I've made an ATC without them since I got this set! The image is from a Paper Whimsy collage sheet and the words from a Tim Holtz distressibles panel.

I actually used two layers of lace and slightly antiqued the upper layer, which seemed to work quite well. I just love pictures like this of stiff little Victorian girls sitting beautifully still ... mine never would!

11 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

It worked beautifully Rosie! This ATC is splendid and sweet. Gotta Love those PW girls!

Anonymous said...

its gorgeous!!

Sandy said...

Rosie this is really awesome.
So wonderful piece of art. Love them.

Anonymous said...

love the image!fabulos ATC,Rosie!:-)

Moira said...

This is beautiful

Linda Vincent said...

Beautifully put together! A fab ATC in true 'Rosie style'....
Linda :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Rosie! You've been tagged- pop on over to my blog to see what to do. :o)
xx

jasminduft said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!
Beautiful ATC! I love the design and the picture of the little girl. So cute! Great work!

Anonymous said...

Lovely piece.

xxxxxxxx

Jaqi said...

Really beautiful Rosie, its lovely, Jaqi

Unknown said...

I love the layers of lace .... and the background has a lace stamped look to it too .... beautiful job!