Monday 12 January 2009

CARD FOR A FRIEND


I'm amazed to find that a week has passed and I haven't made a thing - except this card for a friend, which uses a Crafty Individuals stamp which I watercoloured and some K & Co paper.

It's partly that I'm short of motivation, but mainly my lack of productivity has been owing to a minor revolution in my Studio. I've had quite a clear-out (though there's plenty more to do) which has made me feel positively virtuous! I had stuff in my cupboards which hasn't been touched since we moved here two and a half years ago, so I decided to donate the lot to a good cause ...

Some of it related to a hobby I once loved but no longer enjoy - yet I felt very mixed about closing the door on it. Now I feel I can, and that it's OK to say that "I don't do that any more".

I do feel a lot lighter for having had a clearout - I no longer need to feel guilty about not using it etc so I'm clearly better off without it. There's more to do but I don't think I'll be quite so reluctant to throw things away or pass them on, having taken the first step.

Free yourself! Get rid of the stuff you no longer want or use, and gain cupboard space for lots of new stash .....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card and how brave of you to have a 'clear out' and get rid of the now unused stash. Great will power!

xxxxxxx

Sharon said...

Thank you Rosie.. how spooky That is the word I chose for the challenge and will do it... A treasure of a card....

Sharon xx

Chris said...

OMG I am so envious of your clearout Rosie... I have been promising myself to do just that for a week and as I'm getting some work done at home I really need to do it now but I just can't get motivated...uuuurgh
I just know I will feel heaps better once it's done but need someone to give me a push... a big one...lol
Love the card it's really gorgeous :D
hugs
Chris xx

Chriss Rollins said...

Chris and I have both been doing a clear out today...
it's not easy to get rid if stuff you like but dont seem to use it anymore.
one big clear out makes room for new stuff.

chriss x

Jaqi said...

This is a lovely card , but you knew i would say that as it has the PARIS touch , What a lucky friend.
It does make you feel great when you recycle things you no longer use. Well Done, Jaqi