Tuesday 9 December 2008

BLUE MEMORIES

NOW TRADED
I made this for Sunday Stampers latest challenge, to use blue and brown. I don't often stamp with brown but thought I would have a go.

The background is Distress Inks and the main image is by Enchanted Gallery, from a set designed to use on dominos. I watercoloured the image and mounted it onto dark brown card.

The strip of lace is from Stamp N Stor, and the border stamps are from a set by Kelly Panacci. I added 3 deep brown snaps at the bottom.

While I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, and I love this colour scheme, my problem is that I can never seem to find a brown ink pad which is dark enough. The one I used is Versafine and I've bought several others so far, but they're always paler than I wanted. If anyone knows of a good dark one then do please let me know!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ancient Page chocolate is very dark - a juicy pad though, drying time may be longer than others.

Love your stuff, Rosie!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why my comment says anonymous - I am going to try once again to see if I can fix that!

nancy said...

Rosie, I've just stopped by to catch up with you. What beautiful work you are doing. Wow. I could have used that "tin" instruction a couple of weeks ago. This one looks wonderful!
Nancy