Saturday 18 November 2017

JOURNALS AND MORE JOURNALS ...

Not much to say today having just returned from a 400+ mile round trip to see daughters and grand-daughters.  Pretty much done in, so have nothing to share ... but thought I would show you the journal I've just finished below .... which is no.13 ... see the shelf above!
And below is the new one I have just begun to work in - I'm amazed to find that it is my 14th.  The first was begun in August 2010, so its been quite a journey. I don't date my pages but I do write a start and finish date in each book - I get through one journal in about 9 months as a rule.  Once it was only six months, but it has been over a year at one stage.  It brings me such joy that I can't imagine not doing it at all.
The shelf they sit on is right above my workspace and computer, and I often reach up and randomly take one down ... its fascinating to see how my style has changed and the things now past that I struggled with at the time.  They are all spiral bound and I love to tie ribbons and little bits and pieces, charms and souvenirs, to the bindings.  No.14 will get more decorations once its finished - too many at this stage would make it difficult to work in.  My first 8 journals were A5 but since then I've been working in 8 x 8 square books which adds a surprising amount of usable space.  I glue two pages together for strength, so they are all double sided, but I only rarely do double page spreads.
Sorry I don't have more energy for the blog right now, but the grand-daughters ate it.  Normal service will be resumed eventually.

5 comments:

Mhari said...

What an inspiring collection!

I hope you had a good time with your family :)

Dawn said...

Anything you have time for is greatly appreciated! Don't beat yourself up about not doing more. Guilt is a terrible thing. These journals are fab. Gentle hugs xx

Anonymous said...

they look so lovely all together lined up and there must be so many amazing pages in there.
I have just started a new job from having been at home for several years and enjoying my journaling. I am now working 4 days a week standing up and miss journaling terribly! On my days off, I now have so many other things to do! Will try and get back to it. Take care of yourself xx

alexa said...

What a perfectly lovely and inspiring shelf-ful to be able to gaze at and thumb through ... Brilliant. Hoping you'd had a perfectly splendid time with all that feel company.

Anonymous said...

You are so inspiring. What kind of journal do you use? Thank you for sharing your work.