Saturday 7 November 2015

CHANGE AND CHALLENGE ...

 
There's lots of change around here as stuff gets cleared out, packed up or comes off the wall and there's just 36 hours to go before the removals company arrives ....

Obviously I made this a few days ago when I could still find my favourite art materials, but I have packed a bag of art journalling "necessities" to tide me over until my studio is up and running.

The page background was done with Neocolour II crayons and then I added the curved black edge with a Promarker.  The figure is a Modigliani lady I accidentally copied in black and while instead of colour - a very happy mistake!
The strong white on top is a Posca paint pen - these give very good opacity over most surfaces, so are my go-to white pens.
The writing is kind of "stream of consciousness" because this is what is swirling around in my head at the moment.  Of course life right now is crazy, and there's too much to do etc etc but how I respond to that is a matter of choice.  I can be threatened and overwhelmed or I can allow it to be exciting and positive.  I choose to look ahead to the new life we will be building, and to focus on the positives contained within that.  I don't always succeed in holding to that, but I keep working on it.
And as you can see I had a lot of fun just drawing and doodling on the rest of the page, which is the reflective part I like the best and find the most relaxing.  On this occasion relaxation was definitely the whole point of the exercise!!
So dear readers, I will see you on the "other side" - not sure when because my studio will not be high priority on the unpacking list, beds and kitchen having to come first!  There's also the small matter of a broadband connection which is booked to be done the day after we move.  Hope that goes to plan as life without the internet is NOT fun!

I'm looking forward to our new life, but not to the process of unpacking the old one and putting it all in a van.  Doing a great deal of God bothering and putting it all in her hands .....

3 comments:

alexa said...

This is such an optimistic and upbeat journalling page, full of pretty patterns and a very serene lady :). Wishing you easy journeying, safe packing and unpacking, and a straightforward slipping into your new life with ease and pleasure. See you, as you say on the other side!

Beacee said...

A lovely page, and so positive! I hope the move goes/went well. Love and prayers for you both, as always. xxxx

Anonymous said...

Nov. 17 -- I know I speak for others in saying we're thinking about you, Rosie, and hoping your move went well, that you're getting settled in nicely and that things are looking up in general. I look forward to seeing a new post from you. Yasmine