Saturday 16 August 2014

FLY AWAY ...

  
I've always said art journalling is therapy, and that's particularly true for me as I often work out my negative feelings in these pages.  That's what was happening here when I just felt tired and overwhelmed by all the things that were going on, none of which seemed madly urgent or important at the time, let alone deserving of my limited energy. OK, its entirely possible that there was an element of self pity going on in there as well ...

So in this less than positive mood I'd painted the page grey and added a torn off strip of paper with some rather interesting panels of paint (printed on the paper rather than put there by me).
Then I added the grey, worn out looking lady but she looked so miserable I couldn't resist giving her pink wings - bright pink is my strong brave colour.  Then of course I had to add other touches of pink, just to lift it all a bit.  The writing at the very bottom is from a Teesha Moore collage sheet, and I've learned from her to make colour copies of my own work and cut it up as collage fodder - so that's what the top left panel is.
So then of course, the thought about flying away from everything turned out to be what I wanted/needed to get down, and everything else followed.  I wrote "but stayed" before I did the other writing on the right hand side, and it ended up a bit of an orphan in terms of meaning, when disconnected from the main message.
Unsurprisingly I was much more cheerful by the time I'd finished - not to mention having got rid of a few things in quick telephone calls and the time-honoured strategy of ignoring some stuff as well.

This is a short post because I'm tired after my day trip to the Motability Show this week (by golly I know how to live the exciting life).  It was brilliant and helpful but very tiring, so am slumped in the studio doing very little more than make pretty backgrounds at the moment - seem to have run out of words!

3 comments:

Debs M said...

another fabulous page! x

Mary said...

Rosie this is fabulous, and I love that the "but she stayed" was written before you did the rest. Sometimes I feel like I want to chuck it all and run away...but I stay! :) I love how God shows up on our journal pages. He stays with us to when I am sure there are many times he may feel like chucking it all...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a note. It is so nice to "meet" you too.

Gonna explore your place here a bit more.

Grace and peace to you!

Mary

Linda Watson said...

I really enjoyed this post. (saw the link on FB Artstronauts Club) I'm just beginning to see how my art journal can be therapy - as well as art. Thanks for the inspiration.