Sunday 23 February 2014

FORGIVE ME .....

 
I'm very enthusiastic about food - definitely not one of those people who say things like "oh I couldn't possibly eat all that" or "just a sliver for me".  Unfortunately this means that from time to time my naturally pear shaped figure spreads alarmingly, and it becomes necessary to take action in the form of a diet before the day comes when most of my clothes don't fit any more.  This is known in our house as The Punishment Block, and I won't attempt to dignify it with any claims that I am "fasting" for any religious purpose.  However,  I take the view that I would rather eat well most of the time and diet occasionally, than live on lettuce all the time! 

As Christmas approached I found myself looking forward to all the delicious treats we had planned almost as much as I was anticipating the arrival of our daughters.  This demonstrated to me that my priorities might be slightly off kilter ... and that was the genesis of this page!

It began with a Neocolour crayons background and a picture found in a magazine.  After gazing at this vision of loveliness the words "forgive me" seemed entirely appropriate!  Its very odd, I never really had a sweet tooth until I hit the menopause, but ever since I've craved all kinds of sweet stuff.  What can I say, its not greed its my hormones (or lack of them)??
Once again a picture to show the difference between my basic lettering, and what it looks like when I've thickened it up and embellished it a bit.  If I can ever summon up the energy I might try and put a simple lettering tutorial together - if there's enough interest?
So there you go ... I confess that I'm just a greedy girl.  Its no good me promising God that I will stop because there's absolutely no chance of my sticking to it.  Anyway, I do believe that possibly life's greatest pleasure is sitting down at table to enjoy good for and good company with people you love.
When the current diet ends I'm sure I will simply joyfully reaquaint myself with all the food I've been doing without, and gradually put back the pounds I gained.  Then I will have to lose those before we go on holiday and indulge in all sorts of good things .... are you sensing a pattern here??  Damn right you are, and I DON'T CARE!

8 comments:

Debs M said...

great page - love the colours x

Gill Edwards said...

Another lovely page and i would definitely be interested in a a post about how you do your great lettering.
Gill x

wildfoodgarden said...

Love your art! Letting instruction would be great!

Unknown said...

Please, please, please do a lettering demo! You've taught me so much already, but I would love to learn even more about how you make such wonderful lettering. Some people do art journals with no words, but for me personally, every page has to have something written; a quote, a word, etc. So I'd love to improve in this area!

viv said...

I'm with you with the food - I love it too much.
Once again a brilliant page and I would love a tutorial on your lettering if you have the energy.

Unknown said...

Your pages are always beautiful
and I would love a tutorial on
how you do your lettering
Cheers

alexa said...

I'm late :(, and apologies, Rosie - but can I also add my voice to the list for a tutorial? I'd also love to know about the pens you use (you've mentioned them occasionally, I know). As I am feeling rather lacklustre, your spirited defence of the enjoyment of delicious food has been nicely energising - thank-you! Hoping the diet phase doesn't last too long. Oh, and I like that subtle shading around the outline of that ice-cream sundae dish.

Carol said...

gorgeous colours and the sentiment APT FOR ME TOO
;0