Thursday 22 November 2012

SEEN DANCING

This was one of those times when I just put pretty colours on the page and waited for inspiration to strike - which took some weeks!  I'd intended to use the page portrait wise, but it insisted on being landscape, and it was only when I turned it sideways that I was able to write on it.  I'd come across this quote some time back and written it down in the notebook of ideas I keep for journal inspiration.   I have a wheel stamp by Stampin Up which I was able to wiggle along the lower edge - the music couldn't have straight lines could it?
I deliberately took a picture at the stage above so you could see how I put the words down very simply at first, and then go back and sort of "fill out" the lettering, adding thickness and shaping.
The white parts above were done with my Posca Paint pen, and the finer details added below were done with a Uniball Signo pen.  These are the best of all for white coverage - and no they're not paying me to say that!  You know how I love doodling about anyway, so lots of it here.
You won't be surprised to know that I'm somewhat distraught at the recent vote going against Women Bishops, and deeply sad about the result.  I was angry at first - we've waited SO long, but I can't hold on to that.  However, this quotation seems just right for my attempts to understand those who opposed the Measure - they just can't hear the music.  We will find a way forward somehow, whether together or apart .... I just wish that the church didn't look like an outdated eccentric dinosaur, totally irrelevant to much of the world.  :(

7 comments:

Emie58 said...

Love, love seeing pages in process!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Emie

Carol Q said...

lovely page Rosie and a great sentiment. I do like the way you've done your lettering.

Anonymous said...

Gosh your writing is neat - I love it! Its a beautiful page....
And I totally understand why you're so cross...sending a big hug.
xx

Linda Vincent said...

That wasn't anonymous - it was me!
(Forgot to type my name :-/ )

Claudia Hemmings said...

Lovely Rosie. I'm a dancer so I'm especially fond of quotes about dancing!

alexa said...

As my One Little Word for this year is "Dance", this has spoken loudly to me too Rosie: thank-you! Understanding the loveliness of the sentiment and your frustration at that vote. I love the wiggly lilt of music too: let's keep dancing!

Cath Wilson said...

Great quote - thought it was from Paul's letters for a mo or even about David :-) Not sure I agree re the bishops - can't see why people need to be given more than the satisfaction that what they do is God's will but that's just how I feel - we're all different. Hope you do eventually get what you obviously long for... x