Thursday 17 February 2011

TRUTH CARDS

Some of you may have noticed that I've recently been doing the Soul Restoration course from the Brave Girls Club? Its meant a lot to me, especially at a time in my life when - preparing to move and start over - I've been thinking a lot about the things I want to take with me or leave behind. Anyway, one of the things the course asked us to do was make Truth Cards, something we could keep to remind ourselves of all the things we've been learning, or already know to be true but so easily forget. This suggestion was a complete gift to somebody who adored making ATCs but could never find enough people to swap with, and besides this way I get to keep what I make!!

So above and below are just a few of the ones I've made so far - the course materials provided some that you could cut out, and I have used a few of these, but mostly I've come up with my own. The result is that these reveal a LOT about me, but I wanted to share because I've found this exercise very very helpful, and its something you might want to do for yourself?
Not only does the act of making the cards and affirming my truths make me feel peaceful, strong and happy, but I now like to get them out regularly and read through them. That's definitely a brilliant tool for remembering the important things that I didn't have before. I made a special box to keep them in, but haven't shown it here because its just a temporary one. Some day I'm going to make a very beautiful box for them, which will show just how important these little cards are (they're ATC size of course), but right now I just don't have time - or a suitable box!

11 comments:

Teresa aka Tess said...

Rosie, These cards are fabulous. I love the colors and the words. I do hope that this move of yours is going to not too chlenging and bring you to a wonderful place you will love and feel content in. I admit I have not crafted or been artsy at all this new year and it has been on my mind. I joined OWOH so I will have to make word weaves and I am looking forward to that. I think I like the truth Cards idea. A good prompt to get back into the swing of beng creative.

JaneH said...

I absolutely am in awe of those cards. They're brilliant!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Theresa Plas said...

Very Inspiring Rosie....the gears are turning here...xoxo

Linda Vincent said...

Rosie, I have always loved your ATCs so its good to see them on your blog again. These are wonderful and I love all the phrases (and will note them down) - the moon one made me laugh! :-)
XX

Julia Dunnit said...

Cor Rosie, in the actof reminding yourself you made fabulous art - I know you've face a struggle, but it really has been beautifully expressed in your art....go you.

sandra de said...

Such beautiful cards .

SeasideKaren said...

Rosie,
I get giddy when I see you've done a blog post, as I love looking at your creations! These truth cards are a great idea, my favourite is the one about people who should live on the moon....that old moon could end up being quite a crowded place sometimes!!

Sandra Hall said...

These cards are brilliant Rosie and what a wonderful idea to keep affirming truths about yourself in such a lovely way - combining creativity with encouragement... perfect :)

alexa said...

What a wonderful idea! I've often admired ATCs but never got round to doing any and, as you say, you get to keep them: what's not to like? I love your card which says "There are some people in your life who should live on the moon": made me smile and feel a whole lot better! Perhaps I can take a holiday for a few days from struggling to love them and just accept they're how they are! Thank-you :).

Sandra Hall said...

There's a blog award for you on my blog Rosie - you'll have to collect it because I don't know how else to give it to you :)

thekathrynwheel said...

Oooh I love the idea of truth cards, and these look fabulous :-)