Monday 19 April 2010

WEDDING PLANNER!


My friend and I have six girls between us who have grown up together and are as close as sisters. One of mine got married some years back and now one of hers is tying the knot my advice was to get a ring binder and keep everything wedding related in it. That way you can't say things like "where did I put that quote from the florist" because there's only one place to look! Anyway, in the middle of making this helpful suggestion I said - oh what the heck, I'll make you one, and this is it!

I covered a shiny black binder with pink scrapbook paper, adding an artistic torn strip along the bottom (her family will probably say why is it torn??) and I don't have to explain that the couple's names are on the front. I added all sorts of doodly stuff, leaving space for doodles of her own!

Inside the cover I wrote a list of tips for organising a daughter's wedding!! Had some fun with that bit ...

Then I made a series of pages with file tabs (cut with a Sissix die) for each section. They're labelled dress/suits, Cake, Cars, Church and so on ... ending with one at the back which says "stuff we hadn't thought of"!! I really had fun doing this and hope it proves to be worth its weight in gold, as well as interesting and distinctive to look at! All she has to do now is NOT lose the folder ...

8 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

It's fab Rosie, great idea, greater gift. Will probably cause the first tears of joy! And am happy to add my weight to your recommendations about Gin and Horse pills!!

kelly said...

It is lovely! What a great idea and you have made it look so good what a special gift x

Paige said...

I'm sure she will make good use of it! I made a few wedding planners last year and they proved to be life savers "where did I see that.......?" never mind it's safe in my planner :)

Jaqi said...

What a fab gift Rosey , really useful, and how lovely to be able to keep all of those things in one place, practical yet pretty its perfect.

Heavens2Betsy said...

What a fabulous idea and wonderful gift - no doubt it will become a vital piece of pre-wedding equipment!

Bettythebaglady said...

Hello Rosie Just popped in to say hello as you are one of these crazy WOYWW people and a fellow FMS person to boot and an SU person too. Am wondering what I've got myself into as you all are sooo talented. It is going to improve my blogging if nothing else 'cos I've already made a resolution to create links if only to be able to refer back myself.Nighty nighty my cocoa is in the planning stage. Hugs BettyXXX

Unknown said...

what a fab idea Rosie - i'm sure it will be invaluable to them - i sure wish i had something like this when i got married... you did a really great job in making it personal to them too = well done.

Paula x x x

Linda Vincent said...

What a brilliant idea....must remember that one (if ever my two decide to settle down, haha :-)
Linda xx

PS
AND I've learnt a new word...."disabuse: to free somebody from an erroneous belief"
See....you even extend my vocab Rosie!!!!