Sunday 14 February 2010

LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED


Me and my lovely man have been together 30 odd years (some of them very odd indeed!) and I consider myself a fortunate woman that we are both still just as dotty about each other as we ever were. Now after all this time we don't go in for a whole lot of romantic gestures, so on February 14th I like to make a particular effort to say the things we really should be saying more often ... so I made him this little book.


The pages are about "you" "me" and "us" but I'm not sharing the things I wrote on the tags which tuck into the end of each page. They might reveal what a big softie I really am .... especially when it comes to him. Having raised three daughters who all left home, we ended up with widowed mother in law coming to live with us 12 years ago, and now one of our girls has come back home for a year or so. I love them all dearly but SO look forward to the day when (finally) it is just the two of us again ... after thirty plus years!! I can dream ...

8 comments:

Sharon said...

What a beautiful little treasure you have created.......

What a fantastic way to say 'I love you' your man will treasure as you made it for him....

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab altered art...oh go on, tell me what you wrote, I won't tell anyone ..honest :O)) Love this loads and thank you for joining in with the challenge x

Julia Dunnit said...

It's gorgeous Rosie, bet he loved it.

Alix said...

he's a very lucky man that jeffster of yours xxx

Teresa aka Tess said...

Such a lovely gift Rosie. Congrats on being still dotty on each other. MOre marriages should last as long and would if the youngun's would stop giving up or wait longer to get to know each other before taking the plunge. HOpe you had a great Valentine's day. I spent my weekend sick and hubby took good care of me. I went to the doctor yesterday and have a baf case of bronchitis and having brochial asthma this is not a good thing at all. Had an x-ray, lab work and five meds to buy. Got them all for under a 100.00. Thank God I have insurance or the bill would have been over 300.00. NOw to rest and get my breathing better back and stop the hacking cough before Thursday (back to work).
Hope you are feeling well.

Unknown said...

Oh Rosie that minibook is just gorgeous!
Over on my blog is a little bloggie award for you... and I'm passing it on to you because of the lovely altered items you produce. x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Beautiful book Rosie, love the colour combo too :) How wonderful to still love each other, you deserve to be able spend your days as just 2 ;)
Anne xx

Linda Vincent said...

Now that definitely has the 'aaaahhhh' factor Rosie :-) What a lovely thing to do for your gorgeous man......