Tuesday 8 December 2009

SOUNDS ALL TOO TRUE ....

This is my failsafe Christmas recipe, guaranteed to cheer the heart at this festive season ....

A Christmas Cake

Ingredients:

* 2 cups flour
* 1 stick butter
* 1 cup of water
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 cup of sugar
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 cup of brown sugar
* Lemon juice
* 4 large eggs
* Nuts
* 1 bottle Brandy
* 2 cups of dried fruit

Sample the brandy to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the

brandy again. To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one

level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer.

Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of

sugar. Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the brandy

is still OK. Try another cup... Just in case. Turn off the mixerer

thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of

dried fruit.

Pick the frigging fruit up off floor. Mix on the turner. If the fried

druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a

drewscriver. Sample the brandy to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Check the brandy.

Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table.

Add a spoon of sugar, or some fink. Whatever you can find.

Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not

to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw

the bowl through the window. Finish the brandy and wipe

counter with the cat.

Bingle Jells!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this!

Linda Vincent said...

I'm going to try this later....I'll let you know how I get on.
Cheers!
;-)

Lorraine said...

this is brilliant..thanks for giving me such a good laugh

Carol said...

Thank's for brightening my day...... sounds my kinda cake LOL

Have a great weekend

Jackie said...

Great!

*jean* said...

ooo i can't wait to try this one!! merry christmas, rosie!!

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Hi, Rosie..

I am a 'secret stalker' on your blog. I work full-time and only get to visit occasionally, and rarely have chance to comment as I fly around the blogosphere, but came by for a catch-up and fell about when I read this!! Fantastic! Really cheered me up!

Hugs,
Chris xx

Unknown said...


Imagine with all your mind. Believe with all your heart. Achieve with all your might.
Annyeong!Thanks for sharing your interesting article, please do visit my site too imarksweb.net. God Bless :)