Tuesday 29 December 2009

HAPPY DAYS


This picture of me with two of my three grand-daughters was taken on Christmas Day. I think the picture tells its own story ...

Isabel is four and is wearing her Disney Fairy dressing up outfit; don't ask me which fairy because I can't remember, only that I saw rather more of this character than I really required during the holiday. Isabel insisted on being addressed by her fairy name the entire time, and I think I have blocked it out as a result!!

Amelia is 9 weeks old and did start the day in a red party dress, but this went the way of all flesh owing to a milk related incident, so here she is in her Cath Kidston(esque) sleepsuit. Granny has gone for the classy look and is wearing grey silk by Sainsburys, with pearls (also Sainsburys). And in case you're wondering what happened to grand-daughter no.3, here she is! This is Molly (almost 3) wearing her Christmas tiara. I'd taken mine off by then ....

Molly having a bout of gastric upset didn't spoil the day at all, except when she needed her nappy changing - at which everyone tried to be somewhere else!! Isabel being a fairy got mildly tiresome, but otherwise she was adorable, and colicky episodes from baby Amelia didn't dampen our enthusiam for cuddling her (much).

Hope you and yours had as much fun as we did, and that 2010 will be your best year ever!!

5 comments:

*jean* said...

o rosie, your grand babies are just beautiful! how wonderful to have them all with you for the holidays...happy new year to you!!

pammyjo said...

Happy New Year Rosie. Your grandchildren are beautiful. Our Christmas was quite similar to yours, minus the fairy attire. LOL I wasn't dressed as wonderful as you, but we went comfy this year. Wishing you creative joy, good health and lot's of love in 2010.

Lynn said...

Oh Rosie, look at you with your little grand daughters, you look so happy and relaxed and I find babies just do that for me anyway. All of your girls are simply adorable :)

Unknown said...

such cute cute pictures! I love the one with the sleeping babe on your lap ---- too sweet!

You're welcome to jump in on t on tuesday with your cup of coffee any time :)

Jaqi said...

So sweet, what beautiful Grandchildren you have, Jaqi