Saturday 10 August 2019

WORRY LESS, LOVE MORE ....

You must be imagining me safely moved by now, but no not yet!  It all happens next week, in 3 days time, but I was so ashamed to realise that its been 4 weeks since I posted that I wanted to try and share one of the very few pages I've made in this period.  The title speaks for itself as we have lurched from "it will be complete by the end of the week", to "not for another 2 weeks".  "We should have the safety certificates any day" ... but them not arriving for another 10 days.  You get the idea.  I've just had to let go of worrying about what was outside of my control, and steadily prepare without panicking, and trusting God that (eventually) all would be well.  Which it is.
  

So very quickly - simple painted background and a bit of collage, plus a face I drew.  There always has to be a face or something human on my pages - it sort of represents me even though it might not actually BE me.
Lovely fun with collage pieces then adding the outline and shadow edges.  At this stage it just sort of stood still for a few days.

 And then the words came out of my heart and onto the page, along with all the doodly details I so much enjoy adding.
Sorry this is more than a little sketchy, but its a post from the dark hinterland of about to move house.  I'm writing this on Saturday night, then we're over to the new house tomorrow trying to do useful things like put up curtain rails and bathroom fittings.  After that comes a meeting with the Occupational Therapist to decide how and where to add ramps, grab rails, and all the other things that make life possible and safe.  Monday morning the removals company come to pack all our worldly goods, and Tuesday they get transported from Southport to Freckleton.

Heaven knows when my craft stuff will get unpacked but eventually it'll happen, and I WILL be back!
Rosie

3 comments:

Dawn said...

What a sunny page and full of optimism. All we have to do now is put it into practice and that's always the hardest part unfortunately. It's soo easy to get into the rut of worry a spiral that goes round and round. This page is more about the love I think xx

Jen said...

Do hope your move goes smoothly, and you settle in to your new home without any more setbacks. Wishing you many happy years there, with oodles of arting time! ❤️❤️

Artyjen said...

Hope your move is stress free.xoxo Sioux