Friday 30 November 2018

A WORLD IN COLOUR

 
Here's my latest page ... the first in a while as seasonal activities have meant there hasn't been as much time for my art journal as I'd like ...

However I sat down with a page and painted it yellow, then added some grey texture with paint and a baby wipe.
Then, as usual, I got stuck in monochrome mode and started to put down grey collage elements.  Its as if once my creative brain starts to work in a single colour, no others can be considered, and this is something I have to fight against.
Then, as I added shadows and black lines, I looked at the page and thought "what is going on here"?  I'm a person who loves and celebrates COLOUR!  (You should see the explosion of shades in my studio).
So I dug about in my collage stash and added some RED, to insist that my world could never be as grey as this! It also became a protest about the grey November day outside, and possibly the low mood I started out in.
I don't do well in the dark winter months and have to fight a tendency to curl up in a corner and hibernate ... but Christmas is coming and I'm fighting back!  Once we get past the longest day my mood always subtly lifts.

And for those of us who follow such things, the Christian season of Advent is almost upon us ... with its great cry of "Awake".  So I will.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I think if you have fibro you're more susceptible to a bit of SAD. I always find it harder to motivate myself at this time of year if it's gloomy out. Scary to think that Christmas is only 3 weeks away xx

رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alexa said...

Lovely to see that pop of red! And a great reminder that there's a new start available to us and we can be 'awake' :).