Tuesday 14 August 2012

INSIDE MY HEAD ....

Funny what goes on inside your head really - well it is in mine, and I am easily distracted so I've often thought that a print-out of my thoughts might be completely baffling ... anyway, to make this sound posher I shall be calling it "stream of consciousness".  That makes my thought processes seem like something worthy of scientific study dunnit?
You've probably guessed anyway that this page came about because I had no idea what to journal about, so just started to write down the things going on in there - not much as you will see!  Making this background I'd wanted to get away from the usual stripes and layers, and came up with this amoebic pattern, using my favourite Caran d'ache crayons.  The result looked a bit like one of those illustrations of germs or whatever circulating in the bloodstream, and for some reason that led onto brain - anyway, to cut a long story short I wrote the words "inside my head" and that was it .... again you can see how I begin with very simple letters and then build them up and embellish them with my black pen.
I began by writing down on a piece of scrap the various odd things which were floating around my grey cells, and decided it was all worryingly random, so wrote that down as well!  I like this Stampotique face stamp and often use it to represent myself - its the slightly manic look on her face that does it, that and her short hair.

And from there on I just let rip and wrote and doodled until it was "done".  The blobby shapes (done with Promarkers) that I added to fill up some space also look quite amoebic don't they - not sure what a psychiatrist would make of the doings of my subconscious!
I think this scientifically proves without room for argument that I am indeed suffering from Menopausal brain death, inability to concentrate, and total lack of focus.  There may even be holes where parts of my brain used to be.  However, since I seem to be stuck in this condition I will simply have to beg your pardon for my random ramblings.  Its your own fault for coming around here!

My darling grand-daughters have been to stay but have now gone home again, and I am afraid I breathed a huge sigh of relief even as a shed a tear at their departure.  Honestly, I'm too old for this kind of thing, and was beginning to twitch when I heard the interrogative "granny?" for the umpteenth time as I hid in the downstairs toilet for a few moments of peace ...

5 comments:

Cath Davidson said...

I've just started Journalling and find it tricky, your pages are so inspirational. Thank you.

Carol Q said...

great page again Rosie. had me chuckling away to myself with your menopausal brain and saying good bye to your visitors.

Cath Davidson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cath Davidson said...

You don't happen to remember what that stampotique is called do you? She is my double...black eyes AND short hair that should say!!!

Allycat x said...

I love your page & your random thoughts! It's good to know there are others with similar minds! Hope your feet ease soon. X