Friday 14 September 2012

STUFF I LIKE ...

Back from our travels but still slightly jet-lagged, my brain seems to have holes in it into which certain words keep disappearing .... I hope its temporary!   Anyway, a while ago I saw a journal prompt to make a page about stuff you like - so I did, and this is it.
As you can see below, the background is done with my trusty Caran D'Ache crayons.  I never get tired of using these and they go such a long way that they represent very good value for money.  I am not being paid by the manufacturers to say this, but will accept graciously if they like to offer me some ...!
I was trying to draw shapes which might encourage me to write other than in straight lines - a besetting sin of mine - and as you can see below it did work.  I was quite struck by how simple the things that make me happy are - nothing expensive or difficult to find, just fairly ordinary everyday pleasures.  I guess that makes me a very fortunate woman?  I am however willing to try the champagne lifestyle if ever it comes my way ... just to see how I like it.
The rather jolly sunburst shapes I added next are from an unmounted set of rubber stamps that I've used such a lot.  It isn't easy to find interesting non-commital stamps to use for journal decoration - they all seem to be pictures of something, so I'm always on the lookout for this kind of thing.  I can't actually remember who makes these but they're mounted on green foam if that helps to identify them?
Another in the same set was used to stamp the orange shapes - which look a bit like fruit slices but aren't!  This is one of those pages I really like without really being able to explain why - it just pleases me somehow ....

Off now to eat some chocolate and persuade a cat to sit on my lap for a bit .....

2 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

What beautiful, sunny, fruity pages, Rosie - so much brighter than my present pages :-( It's a good exercise, thinking of things you love/like and I'm the same as you - doesn't take much to please me most of the time, until I lose focus... but I need to lose focus in order to learn and this is one of my learning times, methinks. Great work x

alexa said...

I love the sunburst happy feel of this - like the sun shining through as it dispels the morning mist. I'm not quite with you on the cats front, but chocolate would be high on my list too!