Monday 26 March 2012

NO SENSE OF DIRECTION?

I found this signpost image in one of mum's magazines and I just HAD to grab it for my journal (practically before she'd finished reading it), because this is something I with at times (OK a lot of the time). I do try really hard to learn from the past, enjoy the present and not worry about the future, but am better at the theory than practice so am not always very successful ... and sometimes I really need/want to be sure that I'm heading in the right general direction! When I began this page I didn't know what I would be writing on it, and as you can see below it started as an inky page with a few numbers masked off, a bit of water dropping and a bit of Tim Holtz stamping .... this crackly edge is from his Ultimate Grunge collection, which I use a LOT.
It was some days later that I joyfully plonked my sign post down on the page, and set to journalling. I have to add - woo hoo look at me not writing in straight lines below - I don't always remember that I can write wiggly, or sideways or whatever, so feel its worth celebrating when I do manage it! I'm just a straightist who is trying to loosen up ... and although I did revert briefly further down the page, I managed a bit of sideways at the end.
Not too much writing on this one, well I'd said all that was necessary, but heavy use of the white pen (Uniball Signo, totally brilliant) and some further exploration of doodling possibilities. Who knew how effect short simple lines like these could be? Got the idea out of a Zentangle book.
I was pleased with this - one of those times when the art and the journalling seemed to sort of fit together? Sometimes they don't, but what the heck - I'm keeping these journals for ME and nobody ever sees them, right??

7 comments:

Ali said...

Wow, just stunning - as ever. I love love *love* your inky background and the colours are gorgeous and the signpost is just perfect for a journal page. :)

Helen said...

I love it!! The sign post is great.. no wonder you had to have it. I can't write in straight lines but I tend not to do much writing in my "journal".

Unknown said...

LOVE the background ... Just gorgeous ... And u can see why you had to have that signpost ... This page was just meant to be ... Fabulous work!

Sandra Hall said...

It is indeed a fabulous page Rosie and the signpost was surely made for us journalers! Love the wiggley writing too :D x

muriel said...

Wow! Great background and great writing!

Linda Vincent said...

Nice one Rosie...I REALLY like that background! And you're a whizz with lettering....
XX

roc said...

love your background rosie!